Multicultural Youth Award
The Youth Award is one of 10 categories in Victoria’s Multicultural Awards for Excellence. The award recognises the outstanding contributions young people make to a diverse and inclusive Victoria.
Nominations are now closed.
- individuals under 25 or community groups run by people under the age of 25
- self-nominations are not accepted
- involved in supporting youth from culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse communities
- implementation of a project or program designed to resolve, or aim to resolve, an issue affecting culturally diverse youth in their community
- actively promotes and builds community understanding and engagement through volunteering or paid work roles
Assessment is evaluated by a panel consisting of 3 Commissioners of the Victorian Multicultural Commission and staff from the Office of the Victorian Multicultural Commission.
All nominations received are first reviewed to confirm that they meet eligibility requirements, before proceeding to assessment. As part of the assessment, an assessment panel meets to review and discuss each of the eligible applications. During this process the panel will consider all information submitted as part of the nomination to determine how the nominee meets the selection criteria for the relevant award category. All applications are ranked as part of this process to determine prospective award recipients. Following this, referees may be contacted to verify nomination statements and clarify information before recipients are confirmed.
Nominations are now closed.
Who can submit a nomination?
- self-nominations are accepted for some awards and not others. Please check the eligibility criteria for each award.
- you cannot nominate a family member
- you can submit a maximum of two nominations
Who can be nominated?
- you can nominate the same person or organisation for more than one category, but they can only receive one award
- recipients of a 2018 Multicultural Award for Excellence are not eligible for nomination
- recipients of a Multicultural Award for Excellence in the past 10 years are not eligible to receive another award in the same category but can be nominated in a different category
What do I need to make a nomination?
- you will be asked 3 questions to support your nomination
- all nominations must include contact information for 2 referees. Note: referees are compulsory
- you may attach up to 5 additional materials to support your nomination, for example news articles, videos or referee statements
- Why does the nominee deserve to win a Multicultural Award for Excellence?
- What has the nominee done to support multiculturalism in Victoria? Describe one project or activity the nominee has been involved in to support your nomination.
- Which communities are supported by the nominee's project or activity and how has it made a positive difference in their lives?
Reviewed 16 March 2020