Social media guidelines
Thanks for your interest in engaging with the Victorian Multicultural Commission social media channels. We appreciate your comments and contributions. We encourage you to join the conversation.
We do not tolerate racist, discriminatory, prejudiced, disrespectful, offensive, crude or hateful comments.
We do not tolerate comments that make another person interacting with these channels feel unsafe.
VMC reserves the right to hide or delete comments or links that:
- are racist, discriminatory or prejudiced on the basis of ethnicity, culture, religion, faith or language
- directly aim to disrespect a person or people from diverse backgrounds or diverse communities
- imply disrespect toward or attempt to defame people from diverse backgrounds with racially-motivated and false or misleading evidence
- we consider to be discriminatory, racist, defamatory, inflammatory, abusive, threatening, hateful or otherwise offensive or inappropriate, or comments which imply these stated sentiments
- aim to disrespect another person on this page or aim to make them feel unsafe
- deliberately attempt to derail the conversation
- are repetitive or irrelevant
- contain commercial content, advertisements or spam
- we consider to be inappropriate - including inappropriate commentary toward the Commission’s Chairperson, Commissioners or staff, members of the multicultural services sector or diverse communities
VMC also reserves the right to block, ban or report users under an original or ghost profile whose behaviour falls within the criteria of comments listed above.
Where user behaviour poses a security risk, threat to public safety or a duty of care issue, VMC reserves the right to refer user profiles to other government agencies.
We encourage users to refer to the following for guidance on respectful interactions:
Reviewed 23 July 2019