The Victorian Government and the Victorian Multicultural Commission are committed to promoting and enhancing the social, cultural and economic benefits of cultural diversity to all Victorians.
A range of grants are available to individuals and community organisations to:
- help Victoria’s multicultural communities celebrate and share their traditions
- foster cross-cultural awareness, understanding and respect
- showcase the vibrancy and contribution of Victoria’s multiculturalism
- build the skills and knowledge of smaller or emerging community groups
- improve community infrastructure for cultural organisations
Multicultural Community Infrastructure Fund
Receive $10,000 - $100,000 for your multicultural community group to undertake upgrades to community facilities.
Indian Community Infrastructure Fund
The Indian Community Infrastructure Fund (ICIF) supports Indian communities across Victoria to upgrade community facilities.
Community Innovation Grant Program
The Community Innovation Grant Program provides funding to African community organisations and community groups based in Victoria to deliver innovative community projects which support the inclusion and participation of Victoria’s African communities.
Multicultural Festivals and Events Program
Receive up to $70,000 to hold multicultural and multi-faith festivals and events in your local community.
Sikh Celebrations and Events Fund
Supporting Sikh celebrations and events for the 550th birthday anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, founder of Sikhism, during October and November 2019.
Capacity Building and Participation Program
Receive up to $75,000 to build the knowledge and skills of multicultural and faith-based communities across Victoria
Security Infrastructure Fund for multicultural and multifaith communities
Receive up to $75,000 to upgrade and install security infrastructure in existing multicultural and multifaith community facilities
Multicultural Sports Fund Program
Increasing access and participation in sports for culturally diverse communities
Writing applications and reporting on grants
The Victorian Government also provides these resources to understand:
- how to write a good application
- special grants words and terms
- your responsibilities after receiving a grant
- in-kind contributions
- auspice and partnership arrangements
Reviewed 07 January 2020