Celebrate and reflect this Cultural Diversity Week
There are many ways your organisation, school, workplace, family and community can celebrate Cultural Diversity Week.
The 2024 Cultural Diversity theme is 'Our Shared Stories - Celebrating Together' encouraging us to recognise and celebrate the beautiful intersections that enrich our culturally diverse state.
- Observe the UN International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination by organising a virtual or in-person talk with a speaker or speakers with a background in anti-racism, diversity or inclusion work
- Promote cultural diversity and challenge racism in the workplace by completing the Australian Human Rights Commission Workplace Cultural Diversity Tool with your team
- Book a course on human rights and equality through the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
- Share your favourite publications (books, magazines or articles) that discuss issues of race, racism, belonging and identity
- Start a book club focused on anti-racism education
- Share images and stories of culturally significant places you have visited
- Start a group playlist where participants can contribute music that represents their culture
- Showcase the talents and traditions of culturally diverse people in your community by holding a festival in your local area
- Join the Community Interest Group for the Victorian Anti-Racism Taskforce
- Use the VMC’s Cultural Diversity Week Teacher's Resource Kit to inspire conversations, even if you're not in school!
- Organise a lunch in your workplace catered by a social enterprise
A Taste of Harmony
An initiative of the Scanlon Foundation Research Institute, A Taste of Harmony is a free and delicious way to celebrate your workplace's cultural diversity by hosting a shared lunch, morning tea or afternoon tea from 20 - 31 March 2023. For event resources, recipes, and to register, visit their website.
Register your event on VMConnect
VMConnect is an online noticeboard, where members can share information, services, initiatives, programs and events that are of interest to Victoria's multicultural communities.
If you are hosting a Cultural Diversity Week event, activity or a cultural celebration in March, we invite you to add that event to the VMConnect event calendar.
Joining VMConnect is easy, and once registered you can start posting immediately and promote your event!
Ensure you manage your event in line with COVIDSafe principles to reduce the risk of COVID-19. For more information on COVIDSafe events, visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria website.