Multicultural Award for Excellence in Youth Leadership
The Youth Leadership Award is one of 15 categories in the Victorian Multicultural Awards for Excellence.
This award recognises the outstanding contributions of a young person, group or organisation that provides leadership, empowerment and support to young Victorians from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Nominations are now open
13 July to 12 September 2021
- Individuals under 25 or community group or organisation run by people under the age of 25.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Supports young people from culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse communities to participate and contribute to society.
- Successfully implements a program or initiative designed to resolve, or aim to resolve, an issue affecting culturally diverse youth in their community.
- Actively promotes and builds community understanding and engagement through volunteering or paid work.
We'll review all nominations to confirm they meet eligibility requirements, before they're assessed.
During this process the panel will consider all information submitted as part of the nomination to determine how the nominee meets the selection criteria for the relevant award category. All applications are ranked as part of this process to determine prospective award recipients. Following this, referees may then be contacted to verify nomination statements and clarify information before recipients are confirmed.
The panels consist of Commissioners of the Victorian Multicultural Commission, representatives from the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing and community representations.
How do I submit a nomination?
Who can submit a nomination?
- Self-nominations are accepted for some awards and not others. Please check the eligibility criteria for each award.
- You cannot nominate a family member.
- You can submit a maximum of 2 nominations.
Who can be nominated?
- You can nominate the same person or organisation for more than 1 category, but they can only receive 1 award.
- Recipients of a 2020 Multicultural Award for Excellence are not eligible for nomination.
- Winners of a Multicultural Award for Excellence in the past 5 years are not eligible for another award in the same category.
What do I need to make a nomination?
- You will be asked 4 questions to support your nomination.
- All nominations must include contact information for 2 referees. Note: referees are compulsory.
- You may attach up to 5 additional materials to support your nomination, for example news articles, videos or referee statements
Why does the nominee deserve this award?
Please describe at least one project or activity the nominee has been involved in that aligns with the award category description and selection criteria. The nominee’s achievements must meet at least one selection criteria for the category to be considered. For individual nominees, please outline the nominee’s role in the project or activity.
What are the outcomes or achievements of the nominee’s project or activity?
Please describe the outcomes or achievements of the project or activity.
Which communities have benefited or been supported by the nominee’s project or activity?
Please identify which culturally diverse or faith community or communities have benefited or been supported through this project or activity.
What impact has the nominee’s work had on communities?
Describe how these communities have benefited or been supported by the nominee’s project or activity.
Reviewed 02 September 2021