The Education and Early Childhood Award is one of 10 categories in Victoria’s Multicultural Awards for Excellence.
Schools, early childhood services and not-for-profit organisations that deliver, learning and teaching programs that incorporate local, national and international perspectives or initiatives that promote social cohesion and community resilience in education settings are encouraged to nominate.
Nominations have now closed.
- schools, early childhood services and not-for-profit community organisations working in schools or early childhood services. Self-nominations from organisations are accepted.
- individual school staff, teachers and early childhood educators with support from a senior manager of their organisation (as nominee or referee). Self-nominations from individuals are accepted.
Nominations for this award will be assessed by the Department of Education and Training.
Initiatives may involve:
- learning and teaching programs that incorporate local, national and international perspectives across school and early childhood settings
- supporting the educational and settlement needs of communities from migrant and refugee backgrounds
- building the intercultural capabilities of educators, teachers and support staff working in schools or early childhood settings
- promoting social cohesion and community resilience in education settings
The Department of Education and Training assesses the Multicultural Education and Early Childhood Award.
All nominations received are first reviewed to confirm that they meet eligibility requirements, before proceeding to assessment. As part of the assessment, an assessment panel meets to review and discuss each of the eligible applications. During this process the panel will consider all information submitted as part of the nomination to determine how the nominee meets the selection criteria for the relevant award category. All applications are ranked as part of this process to determine prospective award recipients. Following this, referees may then be contacted to verify nomination statements and clarify information before recipients are confirmed.
Who can submit a nomination?
- self-nominations are accepted for some awards and not others. Please check the eligibility criteria for each award
- you cannot nominate a family member
- you can submit a maximum of two nominations
Who can be nominated?
- you can nominate the same person or organisation for more than one category, but they can only receive one award
- recipients of a 2018 Multicultural Award for Excellence are not eligible for nomination
- recipients of a Multicultural Award for Excellence in the past 10 years are not eligible to receive another award in the same category but can be nominated in a different category
What do I need to make a nomination?
- you will be asked 3 questions to support your nomination
- all nominations must include contact information for 2 referees. Note: referees are compulsory
- you may attach up to 5 additional materials to support your nomination, for example news articles, videos or referee statements
- Why does the nominee deserve to win a Multicultural Award for Excellence?
- What has the nominee done to support multiculturalism in Victoria? Describe one project or activity the nominee has been involved in to support your nomination.
- Which communities are supported by the nominee's project or activity and how has it made a positive difference in their lives?
Reviewed 08 October 2019