Over the last month, the Victorian Multicultural Commission have held a series of online roundtables that provided our communities with the opportunity to engage directly with health experts from the Department of Health and Human Services.
The 7 virtual forums were an opportunity for communities to discuss important health messaging regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), as well as the vital role testing plays in helping to better understand and beat the virus. The sessions also provided an opportunity to discuss the challenges of responding to coronavirus (COVID-19) and the roadmap for reopening.
Key themes raised include:
- isolation of the elderly and single people - particularly in public housing
- the impact on mental health
- the role of in-language support
- the impact on small business
- challenges of digital communication for some older Victorians
- and the opportunity to learn from the experiences of the past several months to prepare for any future crisis
We thank everyone who attended these sessions for their contributions and valuable insights.
Reviewed 23 June 2021